Saturday, August 27, 2011

Melancholia (2011) (pt1)

Directed by Lars Von Trier
Starring Kirsten Dunst, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Kiefer Sutherland, Charlotte Rampling, John Hurt 


This is part 1 because I'm going to it again on Sunday and I don't want to write about it now and spoil it for my flatmates. So NO SPOILER ALERT. I still feel compelled to write something though. 

I was planning on spending my day (yesterday) being really productive and studying/reading but Josh text me and said he had a spare ticket so I went to this with him and Hamish again. I had a cup of coffee w/ milo and changed into something better/warmer and drove to Northlands. I saw my old boss there and we had a lil chat. She's really great. 

We didn't eat snacks in the movie which was a good thing probably because I had a lot of snacks later for dinner. The film was really really good. I liked it more than the Tree of Life. So did Josh I think. My old boss said that it's all shot with handheld camera so I should watch out if I get motion sickness, but I don't so was fine. I really liked the camera work. Got real into this movie. Kirsten Dunst is sweet. Also Charlotte Gainsbourg. Like, real good. Massive babes. I suggest those in Christchurch book tickets for this on Sunday. It's at 8:15pm. I reckon it'll sell out so get in. Also to get the best experience possible, see it at the cinema because the sound is incredible. Will blow you away. Which is important for the narrative too. 

Afterwards we sat in the theatre with most of the other audience members until the credits finished just because we didn't know what to do with ourselves. We got told to leave by the people coming to clean the cinema. I walked around in a daze after that until I got home and raved to my flatmates. I'm glad that I get to see this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment