Monday, April 18, 2011

Will you still love me if I wet the bed?

This came in the mail for me today. It's a little book of short comics by Liz Prince about her and her boyfriend, Kevin. It's a lot like the ones I read by Jeffrey Brown. Actually there is a little comic-compliment (comicpliment?)/ recommendation about 3 leaves in by JB which is real funny too. They must be bros. This was her first graphic novel I think which was sort of accidental; it started off as her own private journal. I read this on her blog. I really liked reading WYSLMIIWTB. It was funny and cute and I liked the sketchbook-style drawings. I also liked how she light-heartedly made fun of the little insecurities in her relationship with Kevin. Reading this made me happy. I'm going to get more stuff by Liz Prince. I also read some other stuff by her on the internet and found out her birthday is the week before christmas. My birthday is a week before christmas too! Well, 10 days. But in that comic she asks her dad for a record player for a combined christmas and birthday present. I also get combined birthday and christmas presents! She has/had a cat called Science as well which I thought was awesome. This is her website here.

2 comments:

  1. I've wanted to read this for so long.... could you scan it for me? Or we could do a book-mail- swap'n'return.

    ReplyDelete